[iso-8859-1] Re: MailScanner won´t check filename size

Matt Kettler mkettler at EVI-INC.COM
Wed Nov 24 19:53:48 GMT 2004

At 02:36 PM 11/24/2004, Dennis Robert Kelbert wrote:
>Hi!!
>
>i don´t know what to do!
>MailScanner dont want scan nothing... The email with virus, bad
>attachment, size wrong... pass at all!
>I see this logs in mail.log
>
>Spam Checks completed at 0 bytes per second
>Unscanned: Delivered 1 messages
>

>Why Unscaned??  what i´m doing wrong?

It's hard to say what you're doing wrong, since you didn't tell us what you
did, only that things aren't working as you expected.

1) In MailScanner.conf, what is "Virus Scanners =" set to?

2) what do you mean by "bad attachment, size wrong"? Be specific. It sounds
at casual glance like you're testing with a corrupted message. If it's so
heavily corrupted that the size is wrong, I doubt any mailclient will
decode it, nor will MailScanner.