mailscanner with postfix startup messages

Steen, Glenn Glenn.Steen at AP1.SE
Mon Nov 22 15:33:54 GMT 2004

For me (when I had similar "errors" they were due to the ~postfix
directory not being writeable by the postfix user, so razor (and pyzor)
couldn't create their .razor (and .pyzor) directories respectively.
Simple fix is to do it for them with
mkdir ~postfix/.razor
mkdir ~postfix/.pyzor
chown postfix ~postfix/.razor ~postfix/.pyzor

For the SA error, if it is regarding ~postfix not being writable, it's
pretty much the same, and (as can be seen in the
/etc/MailScanner/MailScanner.conf file) can be worked around with
something like
#      mkdir /var/spool/MailScanner/spamassassin
#      chown postfix.postfix /var/spool/MailScanner/spamassassin
SpamAssassin User State Dir = /var/spool/MailScanner/spamassassin
.... (I also created a ~postfix/.spamassassin (owned by postfix too),
but that shouldn't be needed) Else you should listen to Martin et al:-).

-- Glenn