whitelisting by connection tracking

paddy paddy at PANICI.NET
Thu Nov 18 21:07:03 GMT 2004

Hi,

I've been asked to implement a specific feature:

  When we relay outgoing mail for a client we are to track the recipients
  and then, essentially, whitelist those recipients for return mail.

This seems like a reasonable and simple idea, and yet I'm having trouble
tracking down any other mention of it.  I figure this indicates some or
all of the following

1. I'm not looking very hard (okay, true ...)
2. It's a deeply flawed idea

... you get the idea.

So if anyone can point me at existing implementations of this kind of thing
or cares to point out complexities I may yet have overlooked, I'd be
overjoyed.

Regards,
Paddy
--
Perl 6 will give you the big knob. -- Larry Wall