specs & platform for new server

Randal, Phil prandal at HEREFORDSHIRE.GOV.UK
Thu Nov 18 10:34:52 GMT 2004

I'd add ClamAV and Bitdefender for Linux to that list.

That hardware should be perfectly adequate.

Our Mailscanner box handles around 9,000 messages a day totalling about
800MB, running MailScanner / spamassassin 2.6x patched for the surbl
stuff / DCC / pyzor / razor and three virus scanners.

Dell 2650, single P4 Xeon 2400 MHz, RAID-1.  Load average is rarely over
2.

And it's running squid for over 800 users at the same time.

----
Phil Randal
Network Engineer
Herefordshire Council