off topic: email forwarding assistance/guidance needed

Bob Noordam bno at SALVAGEBV.NL
Fri Nov 12 18:53:50 GMT 2004

sendmail does not reed the textfiles directly, is uses a database file you
need to create from the textfiles.
If you alter any file, say virtusertable, you need to issue the command

makemap hash virtusertable.db < virtusertable

With that, you create the new file sendmail will use.
After that, restart sendmail and it will 'see' the modifications.

> I have restarted sendmail as well.  When I send the
> email it is still routing to the xyz.com host and not
> the abc.com host.  I want to take the xyz.com host out
> of the picture.  Should I remove it from my
> mailertable and see what happens?

thats worth a try, if xyz is mentioned nowhere, and it still resolves to its
own mx you should look further into possible dns issues.

Bob.