{Scanned} Re: {Scanned} Re: {Scanned} Re: ProcessClamAVOutput : unrecognised line ... contact the authors

Koen Teugels kte at NEXIS.BE
Fri Nov 12 16:17:00 GMT 2004

yep , everything is on /etc/Mailscanner/

Desai, Jason wrote:
      Are you sure all of your paths in your MailScanner.conf file
      are absolute paths and do not contain any symbolic links?

Jase
-----Original Message-----
From: Koen Teugels [mailto:kte at NEXIS.BE]
Sent: Friday, November 12, 2004 8:46 AM
To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: [MAILSCANNER] {Scanned} Re: {Scanned} Re:
ProcessClamAVOutput: unrecognised line ... contact the
authors

      Just did some more testing. And I don't think it is the
      virus scanner. Because I tried another one and the
      virus still passes. So i think it must be the unzip /
      tar that has a problem. all tgz have this problem.

      Koen

      Koen Teugels wrote:
            Could it be that mailscanner has problems
            with .tgz extensions??

            just test the copfilter-0.0.95.tgz with
            bitdefender only and he lets the
            eicar virus pass. When I put the virus
            direct or in a simple zip files
            he doesn't pass.
            But the copfilter-0.0.95.tgz virusscan
            gives as output in maillog
            viruses found. But doesn't do anything with
            it.

            thanks Koen

            Julian Field wrote:

                  Please upgrade your clamav to
                  the latest CVS version
                  available from
                  www.clamav.net and try the test
                  again.

                  Koen Teugels wrote:

                        Virus Scanners =
                        clamav bitdefender
                        clamav is at
                        version 0.80.1 and
                        bitdefender
                        BitDefender-Console-Antivirus-7.0.1-3.linux-gcc3x.i586.rpm
                        Bt they let pass
                        the attachment
                        copfilter-0.0.95.tgz
                        with the eicar test