Newbie! Whitelisting Newsletter

Peter Bonivart peter at UCGBOOK.COM
Wed Nov 10 20:41:00 GMT 2004

Andy Norris wrote:
> Thanks Julian,
>
> The warning attachment says:

> The original e-mail message contained potentially dangerous content,
> which has been removed for your safety.
>
> The content is dangerous as it is often used to spread viruses or to gain
> personal or confidential information from you, such as passwords or credit
> card numbers.
>
> At Wed Nov 10 13:00:56 2004 the content filters said:
>    Found a form in HTML message

I would recommend using a simple "disarm" instead of a ruleset for
"Allow Form Tags" (which caused the above) and a couple of others. It
lets mail through but they are not dangerous any more.

Look at the section in Mailscanner.conf named "Removing/Logging
dangerous or potentially offensive content".

--
/Peter Bonivart

--Unix lovers do it in the Sun