Need Help Please

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Wed Nov 10 15:33:37 GMT 2004

Not knowing how much you know about "vacation", I thought I better just
mention that it is designed to only reply to each sender address once a week
at most. So if you keep trying to call it from the same address, don't be
surprised that you get no response. Check the datestamps on the .dir/.pag
files to see if they are being read or written.

On 10/11/04 3:16 pm, "Alex Neuman van der Hans" <alex at nkpanama.com> wrote:

> You might also want to check things that you usually take for granted, like
> file permissions, the fact that the vacation program has to have a link to
> it in /etc/smrsh if you're using sendmail, that vacation is ./configure'd
> with the proper uid/gid, etc. - you'd be surprised how much those little
> details (which are mentioned in the vacation manual) matter.

Julian Field