Phishing phailure

Kai Schaetzl maillists at CONACTIVE.COM
Fri Nov 5 13:31:25 GMT 2004

Martin Sapsed wrote on         Thu, 4 Nov 2004 16:44:42 +0000:

> By your system and by Julian's, yes, but not by mine! Those red bits
> weren't in the message I sent.

I looked in your attachment and it doesn't contain any HTML here. Could
be that our MailScanner stripped that (as I have ordered it to do) or
that your MailScanner does the same thing? I assume that the check is
done *before* any stripping, but if not, then detection may fail in
such a case. I agree the possibility is small, but I wanted to mention
it.

Kai

--

Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany