New Fresh Install Problems SuSE 9.1

Mike Zanker mike at ZANKER.ORG
Fri Nov 5 06:37:43 GMT 2004

Nathan P. wrote:

> You wouldn't happen to know the "correct" way to do it on SuSE would you?
> I've rebuilt src rpms once before a long time ago but I foget how to do it.
>
> Before I do some googling does anyone know the way to do it in SuSE?

 From Julian's post of two days ago:

cd MailScanner-4.35.9-1
rpm -Uvh perl-MIME-Base64-3.05-2.src.rpm
pushd /usr/src/packages/SPECS
rpmbuild -bp perl-MIME-Base64.spec
cd ../BUILD
cd perl-MIME-Base64-3.05
perl Makefile.PL
make
make test
make install
popd
./install.sh fast

Also, can people *please* trim their quoting? Having to wade through
pages of previous message for *one* line is ridiculous :(

Mike.