SURBL not working properly in MailScanner 4.35.9

Wed Nov 3 16:28:22 GMT 2004

Alden

the surbl stuff is built-in to SA 3.0 (and turned on by default if you
have networks tests on and a valid DNS perl module). Have a check on the
SA or surbl.org web sites to check for correct syntax/module versions etc.

--
Martin Hepworth
Snr Systems Administrator

Alden Levy wrote:
> Last week, I upgraded my server to FC1 (from RH 7.3).  Sendmail, Ensim, and
> perl also got upgraded (to 8.12.x, 4.02, 5.8.1, respectively).
>
> Before the upgrade, everything worked well with SA 3.0.0 and MaliScanner
> 4.34.  Now, SURBL doesn't work unless I do some really strange things.  I've
> reinstalled SA, MS, and ClamAV, but no joy. I've since upgraded to SA 3.0.1,
> MS 4.35.9 and Mail::ClamAV 0.13. I already had ClamAV 0.80 installed.
>
> spamassassin -D --lint works fine, and when I test spamassassin with a SURBL
> URL, it gives the expected output. I don't get hits with MailScanner running
> unless I put the contents of pre.init AND 25_uribl.cf into my
> spam.assassin.prefs.conf (which has a link from local.cf).
>
> And my mail logs look fine, i.e., no errors, no MS restarts, etc. Just no
> SURBL unless I put init.pre and 25_uribl.cf inside spam.assassin.prefs. Has
> anyone seen anything like this?
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Alden