SURBL not working properly in MailScanner 4.35.9

Alden Levy alden at ENGINENO9INC.COM
Wed Nov 3 16:21:21 GMT 2004

Last week, I upgraded my server to FC1 (from RH 7.3).  Sendmail, Ensim, and
perl also got upgraded (to 8.12.x, 4.02, 5.8.1, respectively).

Before the upgrade, everything worked well with SA 3.0.0 and MaliScanner
4.34.  Now, SURBL doesn't work unless I do some really strange things.  I've
reinstalled SA, MS, and ClamAV, but no joy. I've since upgraded to SA 3.0.1,
MS 4.35.9 and Mail::ClamAV 0.13. I already had ClamAV 0.80 installed.

spamassassin -D --lint works fine, and when I test spamassassin with a SURBL
URL, it gives the expected output. I don't get hits with MailScanner running
unless I put the contents of pre.init AND 25_uribl.cf into my
spam.assassin.prefs.conf (which has a link from local.cf).

And my mail logs look fine, i.e., no errors, no MS restarts, etc. Just no
SURBL unless I put init.pre and 25_uribl.cf inside spam.assassin.prefs. Has
anyone seen anything like this?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Alden