amavisd-new and (INVALID CHARACTERS OR SPACE GAP)

Denis Beauchemin Denis.Beauchemin at USHERBROOKE.CA
Tue Nov 2 14:24:40 GMT 2004

Jan Elmqvist Nielsen wrote:

>Hi
>
>I'am using mailscanner 4.28.6-1 with danish report selection
>
>The last 2 days I have recived 2 undeliverable mails - both from
>servers using amavisd-new

>02-11-2004 09:06:21 >>>
>INVALID HEADER (INVALID CHARACTERS OR SPACE GAP)
>
>Non-encoded 8-bit data (char E5 hex) in message header
>'xx-MailScanner-SpamCheck': xx-MailScanner-SpamCheck: ikkespam,
>SpamAssassin (bedoemmelse=0, p\345kr\346vet 5)\n
>
>This nondelivery report was generated by the amavisd-new program
>at host mail.xxxx.xx. Our internal reference code for your message
>is 74770-03.
>
>When I switch to english language in the report section there is no
>problem
>

>any solutions other than using english language?
>
>/Jan Elmqvist Nielsen

Jan,

I believe you have to encode tbe "required = required" string in your
languages.conf file (or you can rewrite it without accented
characters).  The way I do it is by sending myself an email with the
desired string in the subject line.  The message I receive has the
string encoded.  I just copy it and paste it back in the config file.

Denis

--
   _
  °v°   Denis Beauchemin, analyste