ANNOUNCE: MailScanner 4.35.9 stable released

Mike Zanker mike at ZANKER.ORG
Tue Nov 2 11:58:43 GMT 2004

Julian Field wrote:

> - Fixed problems with MIME::Base64 dependencies.

Unfortunately this doesn't seem to be the case for me :(

I installed on RHEL 3 AS and everything seemed to go to plan, except
that when running "uptodate -u" I started getting package conflict
errors with the main perl RPM again. Followed Steve Swaney's advice and
removed then reinstalled the main perl RPM and then started getting

Can't locate object method "init" via package "MIME::Decoder::QuotedPrint"

errors in the logs. Re-installed latest Base64 from the RPM that
MailScanner built and then started getting perl package conflicts with
up2date again.

I'm just going round in circles with this - is there a definitive solution?

Thanks,

Mike.