NO_DNS_FOR_FROM

Alan mailscanner at ELKNET.NET
Mon Nov 1 23:55:08 GMT 2004

There is actually a means to fix NO_DNS_FOR_FROM without changing the header
to 'X-Envelope-From' (it still needs to be at the top though). If you want
to use something other than 'X-Envelope-From', you have to define what you
will be using in 'spam.assassin.prefs.conf' using the
'envelope_sender_header' option.

So, if we want to use something other than the default 'X-Envelope-From'
header that SA is looking for, we just have to let SA know about it. For me,
its just easier to use what SA is already looking for.

This is from the SpamAssassin Bugzilla database regarding this issue:

"The discussion there indicates that MailScanner inserts a header named
X-MailScanner-From instead of X-Envelope-From. It also inserts it at the
bottom of the headers, where SpamAssassin can't trust it."

-Alan