Found a script in HTML message

Peter Bonivart peter at UCGBOOK.COM
Mon Nov 1 20:47:35 GMT 2004

Michael H. Martel wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I've had decent luck getting MailScanner to behave the way I want it to,
> but now I've got one odd problem.
>
> MailScanner finds messages like this and tells me that they're blocked.
>

> At Mon Nov  1 14:18:07 2004 the content filters said:
>   MailScanner: Found a script in HTML message
>

> With IFrames I was able to change a setting to disarm them. Is there a
> setting to disarm scripts and not have the email get blocked ?
>
> I must be missing something simple.

Yes, the comments in the config file are very helpful if you read them. :-)

# Do you want to allow <Script> tags in email messages? This is a bad idea
# as these are used to exploit vulnerabilities in email applications and
# web browsers.
# Value: yes     => Allow these tags to be in the message
#        no      => Ban messages containing these tags
#        disarm  => Allow these tags, but stop these tags from working
#                   Note: Disarming can be defeated, it is not 100% safe!
# This can also be the filename of a ruleset.
Allow Script Tags = disarm

--
/Peter Bonivart

--Unix lovers do it in the Sun