stuck with a real problem...

Dene Ulmschneider dene at DATATECHIE.COM
Fri May 28 05:10:50 IST 2004

Thanks for the rapid response Mike...(I will implement this tomorrow)

How can I address the relaying of emails from domains other than ours?
Should I just relay ALL emails off of the Linux server onto the Exchange box
and then let the Exchange server send them all out to the net??

Dene

-----Original Message-----
Of Mike Kercher
Sent: Thursday, May 27, 2004 11:48 PM
To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: Re: stuck with a real problem...

Get rid of the SmartHost entry and use the mailertable route.

Set the MX for your domain to be the IP of your MailScanner box only.

Add your_domain.com to /etc/mail/relay-domains

Add an entry to /etc/mail/mailertable:

yourdomain.com        esmtp:[xx.yy.zz.mm] (IP of your Exchange server IN THE
BRACES to avoid DNS lookups)

hash the mailertable to db and restart MailScanner

Mike

On Behalf Of Dene Ulmschnieder