SPam getting through....

Eric Dantan Rzewnicki rzewnickie at RFA.ORG
Thu May 27 23:31:23 IST 2004

On Tue, May 25, 2004 at 01:09:10PM -0400, Casanova, Chase wrote:
> Rob,
> I don't think that ou have to worry too much about timeouts if that is all that you have for this month.  MailScanner should have put a Spamassassin Timeout message in the header had that been the case.  This one you're more likely dealing with a spamassassin rule problem or lack of a rule that would have caught this spam.  Are you using any rules outside of the ones that installed with spamassassin?

635 in 3 days does seem a bit high to me. What is your spamassassin
timeout set to? I was seeing around 70 timeouts per day, but then
increased my spamasassin timeout in MailScanner.conf and now am only
seeing a few per week. I probably could have helped this by installing a
local caching dns server as well, but haven't gone there, yet.

-Eric Rz.

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk