{Spam?} Re: [MAILSCANNER] SPam getting through....

Wed May 26 09:46:46 IST 2004

Rob wrote:
> I just have these additions in the /etc/Mailscanner/spam.assassin.prefs file
>
> #Jan 15 2003
> #for all that habeas crap vigra email crap!
> score HABEAS_SWE -3.0
>
> #Jan 16 2003
> #for those emails with random words in it....
> describe UDES_BUY01 Another buy scam
> full     UDES_BUY01 /Genierc and Sepur Viarga|Cilais or \(Spuer
> Vagira\)|Genierc Virgaa/i
> score    UDES_BUY01 10
>
> And i am using the bigevil file too...
>
> Other than that , that's it....
>
> Rob....

I'd look at installing other rules from the rulesemporium. I run quite
alot from there. Also the surbl.org plugin for spamassassin is very
useful (and alot more CPU friendly than the bigevil.cf).

Bayes can help alot too.

Martin Hepworth
Snr Systems Administrator
Solid State Logic