suggestion SA + DCC/Razor/Pyzor

Leen Besselink leen at wirehub.nl
Thu May 27 09:01:30 IST 2004

Hi,

Seems a lot of people are having problems with SA timing out. We don't
have this problem as we don't use DCC/Razor/Pyzor, we would like
to though (use DCC/Razor/Pyzor).

I've been thinking, this maybe be a project for the long run, why not do
the checks in MS and then have dummy Perl-modules for in SA, which ask MS
for the answer.

So, I guess you'd move the original modules out of the way or patch SA to
use different modules.

That way it could still be included in the spam-score, but it would mean
SA would never time out.

DCC/Razor/Pyzor could then be done at the same point in MS asthe current
DBSBL's are done (which in turn might eventually also go the same way and
can then also be included in the spam-score).

Well, it's just a suggestion and probably not an easy project (I've not
looked at the code though). So maybe something for the long-run.

Hope this was helpfull,
        Leen.

Things should be made as simple as possible, but not any simpler. - Albert Einstein

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk