[OT] Exchange Server replacement

Peter Peters P.G.M.Peters at utwente.nl
Thu May 27 08:40:56 IST 2004

On Wed, 26 May 2004 17:49:06 +0100, you wrote:

>Michael St. Laurent wrote:
>> I know this is off topic but I'm looking for a replacement for Microsoft
>> Exchange Server.  It is *required* that we retain the scheduling and other
>> features that are available in Outlook when using Exchange Server.
>>
>> Any thoughts?
>>
>> --
>> Michael St. Laurent
>> Hartwell Corporation
>
>Suse's OpenExchange?
>Novell's Groupwise
>Lotus's Domino

I just ended a project in which we had to find a messaging service for
our students. The resulting advice was to go for Oracle Collaboration
Suite. Our employees use Exchange but the functionality (in way of
supported clients) and costs (TCO of OCS was way lower than Exchange and
Lotus (the other considered package)) of OCS did the trick. And we can
use a three-system cluster instead of 16 non-clustering systems for
Exchange.

--
Peter Peters, senior netwerkbeheerder
Dienst Informatietechnologie, Bibliotheek en Educatie (ITBE)

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk