MailScanner sends Invalid MIME headers?

Alex Laslavic alaslavic at HAVERTYS.COM
Tue May 25 18:20:25 IST 2004

The %org-name% is "havertys.com", is that bad?

Alex Laslavic
Havertys Tech Services

             Martin Hepworth
             <martinh at SOLID-ST
             ATE-LOGIC.COM>                                             To
             Sent by:                  MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
             MailScanner                                                cc
             mailing list
             <MAILSCANNER at JISC                                     Subject
             MAIL.AC.UK>               Re: MailScanner sends Invalid MIME
                                       headers?

             05/25/2004 01:04
             PM

             Please respond to
                MailScanner
               mailing list
             <MAILSCANNER at JISC
                MAIL.AC.UK>

Alex

sounds like the %org-name% in the MailScanner.conf as a '.' or someother
illegal character in their.

Not one of Symantecs products on the remote end is it? They are well
known on this list for being pedantic about this issue in the headers.

--
Martin Hepworth
Snr Systems Administrator

Alex Laslavic wrote:
> Running MailScanner as an email gateway to the rest of our email system.
> Works great, but I have received a complaint from other another email
> sysadmin saying that our messages were being denied because of invalid
MIME
> headers.  They just whitelisted us.
>
> Now I have another company that cannot receive emails that are send
through
> mailscanner.  They do not know why, but I know that they do not receive
our
> messages.  However, if I send them a message from the same server, but
not
> through mailscanner, it seems to go through OK.
>
> Is there a known bug with mailscanner-4.29.7-1 that could be causing
this?
> Will upgrading to 4.30 help me?
>
> Any input is appreciated.  Unfortunately, the other mail admins did not
> specify what they were using to scan.
>

> Using mailscanner-4.29.7-1 from RPM.
>
> Alex Laslavic
> Havertys Tech Services