NOD32 2.01 with MailScanner not working yet...

Richard Bourque richard.bourque at MELLOUL.COM
Tue May 25 18:16:15 IST 2004

<mailto:richard.bourque at MELLOUL.COM> wrote:

>> It doesn't look like nod32 2.01 is working with MailScanner
>> yet.  When I send through a zip file containing eicar.exe, a
>> rar file containing eicar.exe and a clean zip file containing
>> a normal exe it catches it in the logs but lets it through!
>> When I switch back to sophossavi everything works okay.  This occurs
>> with version 4.31.2-1.
>
>You adjusted MailScanner.conf AND virus.scanner.conf?
>
>Regards,
>
>Jan-Peter Koopmann
>Dipl.-Wirtschaftsinformatiker
>Geschäftsführer / COO

Originally I was making changes as per Julian's instructions before he
posted version 4.31.2-1, and just to be sure I formatted my testbed, and
installed a fresh copy of RedHat 9, Exim, MailScanner 4.31.2-1 that Julian
posted with the changes for Nod32 2.01 already made.   All the paths are
correct, it looks like a parsing problem...  Julian and I were conversing
back and forth on the problem, but he's a little swamped with work so I
thought I'd post to MailScanner list...

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk