Postfix docs

Drew Marshall drew at THEMARSHALLS.CO.UK
Mon May 24 21:45:12 IST 2004

Julian Field wrote:

> I have just changed the Postfix installation documentation at
> http://www.sng.ecs.soton.ac.uk/mailscanner/install/postfix.shtml
> so it describes the "single instance" method of using Postfix, as this
> does
> seem significantly better, certainly in light of Wietse's addition of an
> "example" using port 10026 which means there are yet more differences
> between the incoming and outgoing setups.
>
> Please can the Postfix users take a look at it and check I have got it
> all
> correct?
>
> Thanks!

Julian

Just one small point, Postfix 1.x doesn't implement the hold queue
feature. This only came in with postfix 2.x so I would suggest you make
2 pages, one for Postfix 1.x using dual instances and the other for
Postfix 2.x using single instance. How about a faq entry (With link from
the install pages?) which gives more complex regexp to allow better
'filtering' e.g. /^Received:(.*)by machine\.domain\.tld \(Postfix\)/
HOLD which will only catch mail received by SMTP and therefore allow
direct injected mail through without scanning (My regexp is not good so
some one may be able to give even better, neater examples based on
standard Postfix headers, or any other ;-) ).

Drew

been scanned for viruses and dangerous
www.themarshalls.co.uk/policy

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk