ANNOUNCE: Easy non-RPM installer

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Sat May 22 22:54:04 IST 2004

This is the first release of the non-RPM distribution with an install.sh
script, which handles all the Perl module installations for you.

Download from
www.sng.ecs.soton.ac.uk/mailscanner/files/4/tar/MailScanner-install-4.31.2-1.tar.gz

Unpack it somewhere safe, cd into it and run
        ./install.sh

It should build and install all the Perl modules required,
/usr/local/bin/tnef and then MailScanner itself into /opt.

Please let me know what you think. Hopefully it will make life rather
easier on non-RPM systems.

Many thanks to David Lee for all his work getting me going on this.

Jules.
--
Julian Field