Ruleset that has From And To...

Kevin Hanser Kevin at MICA.NET
Fri May 21 19:42:17 IST 2004

I have a need to turn off the html script check in MailScanner, but only
if it's to a particular user, and only if it's from a particular sender.
Temporarily I have just disabled the html script check for anything that
is send by this particular sender, but I would like to be able to make
it a little more user-specific, so that I'm not turning this off for
every user that we relay mail for.

What is the best way to do this?  I have used rulesets in the past, but
there doesn't seem to be any way to do an "and" in them...  I've also
notice other people asking about nested rulesets, which would also be
another solution, but from what I gather it's not implemented in
MailScanner currently.  I found some info on creating custom functions,
but I'm not entirely sure how I would go about doing that.  I'm very
comfortable hacking in perl, but I don't know how I would have to
interface my function w/MailScanner...

If I were to write a custom function and call it using "Allow Script
Tags = &ScriptTagCheck", how do I:
    Hook into MailScanner to get the from and to addresses
    Report the correct value back to mailscanner from the function
(would this just be a "Yes" or "No" string, or something else?)

Any suggestions or insights appreciated!

thx!

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk