Mail failing on schedule?

Bill Sholar - WebGusto admin at WEBGUSTO.COM
Fri May 21 16:09:30 IST 2004

These messages include "real" mail. I didn't see any cron-generated mail in
the batch, but I may have missed one or two. Many are redirected mail that
arrived at abc at domain and were redirected to def at domain.com, others look
like ordinary mail addressed to normal addresses.

The messages do not appear to get through. Error messages were generated
that say:

  (addressee)
    All deliveries are handled by MailScanner

-----Original Message-----
From: Desai, Jason [mailto:jase at SENSIS.COM]
Sent: Friday, May 21, 2004 9:55 AM
To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: Re: Mail failing on schedule?

Did you check to see if the messages are in fact from cron jobs?  This may
happen with any email generated from the MailScanner host itself.  I might
be wrong, but I don't think those messages are actually errors, but they are
there by design.  You are forcing locally generated email to be deferred
instead of delivered right away, so MailScanner can scan it.

Jase

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk