Figured it out [was Outgoing Mail Queue]

Fri May 21 12:37:30 IST 2004

Hi!

> >If you alter paths and defaults you can expect behaviour like this. As far
> >as i know the defaults for the outgoing queue is not mqueue.out, but
> >mqueue. If you call sendmail directly, like a lot of programs do, it will
> >place mail in mqueue, not mqueue.out. I wonder if its smart to make
> >changes like this at all.

> Thanks, but here's a little change.  The default processing queue for
> fedora (at least) is /var/spool/clientmqueue and still submit.cf only
> send outbound mail.  It does not allow for local delivery.  If submit.cf
> is used all the mail ends up in mqueue.in again.  As soon as I made the
> changes described above, everything started working as advertised.  Its
> the submit.cf that is causing much of the trouble.

I run both Fedora CORE1 and CORE2, and i dont experience this. The
clientmqueue is ONLY for locally generated mail, not for mail
processed by mailscanner. this is no Fedora issue, its a sendmail
version issue. It is ment to be that mail is going to mqueue.in, since
you also want to scan locally generated mails.

bye,
Raymond.

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk