Spamassassin refuses to auto-learn!

Matt Kettler mkettler at EVI-INC.COM
Tue May 18 20:30:38 IST 2004

At 03:21 PM 5/18/2004, Drew Marshall wrote:
> > Instead I'd suggest doing the opposite and copy your MailScanner settings
> > into your user_prefs.. specifically:
> >
> > cp /etc/MailScanner/spam.assassin.prefs.conf
> > /root/.spamassassin/user_prefs
>
>Or even just sym link them together. That way if you change one the
>other will automagically change ;-)

True.. I personally prefer the copy method, but both work.

This way I can edit the user_prefs file when I add new settings, run
spamassassin --lint, do some tests, and then copy up to
spam.assassin.prefs.conf when I have it nailed down and working. This way I
don't risk testing new things on a config file which is also a live
production file.

(If you're symlinking the same effect can be achieved using an unprivileged
users' account)

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk