Odd one or maybe I'm thick

Michele Neylon :: Blacknight Solutions michele at BLACKNIGHTSOLUTIONS.COM
Tue May 18 17:05:56 IST 2004

Earlier today we blocked the following (email address removed):
May 18 10:57:18 monitor MailScanner[31758]: Message i4I9uqKJ006125 from
82.141.232.9 (someuser at somedomain.ie) to blacknight.ie is spam, SpamAssassin
(score=10.589, required 8.5, BAYES_60 1.59, DCC_CHECK 2.91,
MICROSOFT_EXECUTABLE 0.10, MISSING_MIMEOLE 1.59, MSGID_FROM_MTA_SHORT 3.03,
NO_REAL_NAME 0.16, PRIORITY_NO_NAME 1.21)

As one of our sysadmins was feeling curious he released it from the spam
quarantine, but it was actually infected with a virus.

What confused me a small bit was the virus payload still being in the email
after passing through the scanner.

Other emails from that IP (there were about 178 over the last couple of
weeks) were blocked for either or both...

I might be missing something really really obvious.

Any thoughts?

Mr Michele Neylon
Blacknight Internet Solutions Ltd
http://www.blacknight.ie/