Update-MakeMaker.sh fails - what am I missing? RESOLVED

Brian Parish clicknow at SWIFTDSL.COM.AU
Tue May 18 15:39:47 IST 2004

On Tue, 2004-05-18 at 23:25, Julian Field wrote:
> At 08:35 18/05/2004, you wrote:
> > >
> > > The "make test" instruction on Convert::BinHex will fail. Just ignore it
> > > and install it anyway.
> >
> >Sorry to be dense here, but I have two ways I can try to install this:
> >
> >1. rpm --rebuild the-source-rpm supplied in the MailScanner tarball
> >2. cpan> install ...
> >
> >The rpm rebuild fails with bzip2 invalid flag problems and the cpan
> >method fails to compile.  Changing language variables does not appear to
> >be an answer to this.
> >
> >Is there a third way?
>
> Use method (2) but with "force install" and not just "install". The help in
> the CPAN shell tells you about this command.
> --
> Julian Field

Thanks Julian,

That's what I needed to know.  MailScanner is happy now.

BTW, is there any interest in resolving the reason why rpm rebuilds
won't work?  It would seem that if that was done, then the install
script would have just worked.

thanks again
Brian

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk