Spamassassin lint errors

Gib Gilbertson Jr. gib at TMISNET.COM
Tue May 18 14:54:03 IST 2004

Hi All.

I've taken peoples advice and upgraded spamassassin from v 2.55 to v
2.60-rc3 and now when I lint the rules, any .cf file in
/etc/mail/spamassassin gives error message such as this one. I'm using
standard rule sets such as rules_du_jour, ratware, etc..

# spamassassin -C /usr/local/etc/MailScanner/spam.assassin.prefs.conf --lint
Global symbol "%_DISCOUNT_head_test" requires explicit package name at
/usr/local/etc/mail/spamassassin/ratware.cf, rule RATWR14_MESSID, line 6.
Failed to run header SpamAssassin tests, skipping some: Can't use global $_
in "my" at /usr/local/etc/mail/spamassassin/ratware.cf, rule
RATWR14_MESSID, line 8.

Failed to compile body SpamAssassin tests, skipping:
         (Can't use global @_ in "my" at
/usr/local/etc/mail/spamassassin/tripwire.cf, rule TW_OZ, line 10.
)

They are all the same, I remove a couple of the .cf files mentioned in the
error message, run the lint command again and then I get an error message
pertaining to a couple more rules. I've got no .cf files in
/etc/mail/spamassassin directory.

Any ideas? I tried adding them back one at a time and it makes no
difference which rule I add back in I get error messages.

Thanks

gib

      Gib Gilbertson Jr.
     Tierramiga Info Systems