Inconsistent spamassassin scores in msg headers

Matt Kettler mkettler at EVI-INC.COM
Mon May 17 23:44:33 IST 2004

At 06:43 PM 5/17/2004, Michael Freeman wrote:
>Msg comes in, messaged gets scanned by spamassasin server side. Right here
>the messages should be getting deleted because the score is higher than 7.

And what we are trying to tell you is that it did NOT score higher than 7
at the server level.

It scored 3 when it ran through the copy of SA used by your mailscanner.

  It scored higher someplace *else* at some other point in time.

Not all copies of SA are configured the same, and not all tests will get
the same results if you check again later in time. RBLs, URI_RBLs are
particularly prone to change over time, and that message had 6.0 points
worth of URI_RBL matches.

You can't go comparing two different runs of SA and assuming both should
have the same scores. It doesn't work that way. You may as well be
comparing gas prices at different gas stations on different days.

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk