Spamassassin refuses to auto-learn!

Matt Kettler mkettler at EVI-INC.COM
Mon May 17 21:57:10 IST 2004

At 04:31 PM 5/17/2004, Billy A. Pumphrey wrote:
>However I do not have a user_prefs statement in there, but I am guessing
>that it might be a good idea to put that in there hey??

user_prefs is a config file, it's not a config statement.

You'd use /root/.spamassassin/user_prefs to create a config file so that
root's bayes settings match the ones MailScanner uses. The file serves the
same purpose as spam.assassin.prefs.conf, but is for when you use
spamassassin outside of MailScanner.

>  sa-learn --dump magic
>0.000          0          2          0  non-token data: bayes db version
>0.000          0          0          0  non-token data: nspam
>0.000          0          0          0  non-token data: nham
>0.000          0          0          0  non-token data: ntokens

Hmm, that sounds like you bayes database in root's home directory is empty,
or at least all the tokens that were in it at one point have now expired.
since the bayes_toks file was only about 12k this seems logical.

try setting root's bayes_path to the same thing as your MailScanner uses.
You'll then be able to sa-learn --dump magic and see the bayes database
stats that MailScanner is using.

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk