Corrupt messages in the queue: postfix 2.0.22, mailscanner 4.30.3

Drew Marshall drew at THEMARSHALLS.CO.UK
Fri May 14 19:13:21 IST 2004

Josef Karthauser wrote:

>On Fri, May 14, 2004 at 05:08:41PM +0100, Julian Field wrote:
>

>>>Ok, the corruption problem is still occuring with
>>>/var/db/pkg/postfix-2.1.0_1.
>>>

>>I will endeavour to find time to look into this over the weekend. A quick
>>test worked fine, I will try sending rather more mail through it and see if
>>I can trigger the problem. Do you have a specific message which triggers it
>>reliably?
>>

>Drew Marshall managed to trigger it reliably by sending the
>"eicar" test virus I think.

Julian

The problem lies with the MailScanner reports becoming corrupt. All
normal mail flows fine but when a virus is found and the postmaster
notification is generated, Postfix gets upset and claims it's corrupt. I
am just in the process of upgrading to 2.1.0,1 now so I'll see if I can
see any differences. Looking at postcat | head 200 it looks like these
messages on Joe's system have two sets of headers, which doesn't seem
right. I have looked at his MailScanner.conf and can't see any thing
silly (Like non RFC X-mailscanner entries). Any thoughts?

Drew

been scanned for viruses and dangerous
www.themarshalls.co.uk/policy

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk