Errors with new MailScanner

Sebastian Wiesinger sw at INTERNETX.DE
Thu May 13 16:55:40 IST 2004

* Spicer, Kevin <Kevin.Spicer at BMRB.CO.UK> [2004-05-13 17:34]:
> Sebastian Wiesinger wrote:
> > Hi, with the new MailScanner (running under Debian Stable) I get this
> > errors that I've never seen before. Seems like MailScanner picks up
> > Mails twice... I changed file locking to posix (tip from another mail
> > on this list) but I don't know if this has to do with it.
>
> Did you do a full restart after making that change, I'm not sure a reload would be sufficient for that.

Yes I did, and it seems to help, no more errors after that until now.
Perhaps mailscanner should test for Debian sendmail and display a
warning if the Lock Type is flock?

Another question: Is it normal that more MailScanner processes are
created after the update to 4.30? It seems that a MailScanner child
fork()s another process sometimes. I sometimes have 10 MailScanner
processes instead of 5...

Sebastian

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk