RBL in SpamAssassin?

Thu May 13 14:22:31 IST 2004

Max

Defaults are in /usr/local/share/spamassassin/20_dnsbl_tests.cf

I've got most of them turned off and just the sorbs on along with local
addition of xbl.spamhaus as below.

the surbl plugin is useful to catch in-message crud.

I run all (both) my RBL's in SA so it's adds to the score and isn't a
blanket block flag.

Are you running a local name server...that can make a difference even if
it's caching only.

--
Martin Hepworth
Snr Systems Administrator

Max Kipness wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've turned on RBL's in SpamAssassin, but also have them running via
> MailScanner for testing.
>
> My question is how do I find out what RBL's are being checked by default
> by SpamAssassin? I've added one via a custom rule that I saw posted
> somewhere as follows:
>
> # XBL is the Spamhaus Exploits Block List: http://www.spamhaus.org/xbl/
> header RCVD_IN_XBL
> eval:check_rbl_txt('xbl','xbl.spamhaus.org.')
> describe RCVD_IN_XBL            Received via a relay in Spamhaus XBL
> tflags RCVD_IN_XBL              net
> score RCVD_IN_XBL               5
>
> The strange thing is that sometimes it seems to work, and sometimes it
> doesn't. I'm basing this on the fact that on some messages, MailScanner
> finds the message in SpamHaus, but there is nothing in the scoring
> section of SpamAssassin for this RBL. However, sometimes both
> MailScanner and SpamAssassin find it. Why is that?
>
> I'm guessing that SpamCop is built in to rules of SpamAssassin, because
> I see it sometimes in the scoring section. But the above applies as
> well. MailScanner will sometimes report an email is in SpamCop, but
> sometimes SpamAssassin won't.
>
> My goal was to remove RBL checking in MailScanner, but now I'm not sure,
> it it doesn't work as well.
>
> Also, to include all my current MailScanner RBL's in SpamAssassin, do I
> basically use the same rule above, and change accordingly for the
> specific RBL?
>
> Thanks,
> Max

the system manager.