Whats the max number of rules you can have in /etc/mail/spamassassin?

Wed May 12 20:30:16 IST 2004

Ho!

> BIGEVIL ANTIDRUG EVILNUMBERS BACKHAIR CHICKENPOX and about 4 others.

I really would suggest you start using SURBL for the BIGEVIL list, much
faster and takes up less ram and cpu on your MS box since it doesnt have
to use the regexps.

> My question is what is the max number of rules we can place
> in /etc/mail/spamassassin?

The number you told is ok, i run more, but its depending if you for
example have local copy's of all RBLs you use, and also depending on your
box, the ram, cpu, disks and so on. So yes, if your box is heavilly loaded
bring down the number of rules. Or just put online a second and/or faster
box...

Bye,
Raymond.

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk