Whitelist question

Denis Beauchemin Denis.Beauchemin at USHERBROOKE.CA
Tue May 11 20:53:21 IST 2004

Ken Goods wrote:

>I was whitelisting in Spamassassin (SA) but was having some trouble with a
>couple of messages still being flagged as spam. So I added the addresses in
>question to Mailscanner's whitelist. Now my headers read as follows:

>        SpamAssassin (score=-96.971, required 6, BAYES_00 -4.90,
>        CLICK_BELOW 0.10, HTML_70_80 0.10, HTML_FONTCOLOR_UNKNOWN 0.10,
>        HTML_FONTCOLOR_UNSAFE 0.10, HTML_FONT_INVISIBLE 0.60,
>        HTML_LINK_CLICK_HERE 0.10, HTML_MESSAGE 0.10,
>        MARKETING_PARTNERS 3.47, MIME_HTML_ONLY 0.32,
>        MIME_HTML_ONLY_MULTI 1.10, MIME_MISSING_BOUNDARY 1.84,
>        USER_IN_WHITELIST -100.00)
>
>As you can see I haven't removed this particular domain from SA's whitelist
>yet. My question is... why would Mailscanner even pass the message to SA if
>it is whitelisted in Mailscanner. Seems to me it would be more efficient
>from a processing standpoint to skip passing the whitelisted emails to SA.
>Or am I missing a configuration item here? Sorry if this has been addressed
>but I have taken an hour and searched the archives and google.
>
>Thanks,
>Ken

I guess it may be related to one of the following (probably the second one):
# If the message sender is on any of the Spam Lists, do you still want
# to do the SpamAssassin checks? Setting this to "no" will reduce the load
# on your server, but will stop the High Scoring Spam Actions from ever
# happening.
# This can also be the filename of a ruleset.
Check SpamAssassin If On Spam List = yes

# Do you want to always include the Spam Report in the SpamCheck
# header, even if the message wasn't spam?
# This can also be the filename of a ruleset.
Always Include SpamAssassin Report = yes

Denis

--
   _
  °v°   Denis Beauchemin, analyste