Whitelist question

Ken Goods KGoods at AIAINSURANCE.COM
Tue May 11 17:42:21 IST 2004

I was whitelisting in Spamassassin (SA) but was having some trouble with a
couple of messages still being flagged as spam. So I added the addresses in
question to Mailscanner's whitelist. Now my headers read as follows:

        SpamAssassin (score=-96.971, required 6, BAYES_00 -4.90,
        CLICK_BELOW 0.10, HTML_70_80 0.10, HTML_FONTCOLOR_UNKNOWN 0.10,
        HTML_FONTCOLOR_UNSAFE 0.10, HTML_FONT_INVISIBLE 0.60,
        HTML_LINK_CLICK_HERE 0.10, HTML_MESSAGE 0.10,
        MARKETING_PARTNERS 3.47, MIME_HTML_ONLY 0.32,
        MIME_HTML_ONLY_MULTI 1.10, MIME_MISSING_BOUNDARY 1.84,
        USER_IN_WHITELIST -100.00)

As you can see I haven't removed this particular domain from SA's whitelist
yet. My question is... why would Mailscanner even pass the message to SA if
it is whitelisted in Mailscanner. Seems to me it would be more efficient
from a processing standpoint to skip passing the whitelisted emails to SA.
Or am I missing a configuration item here? Sorry if this has been addressed
but I have taken an hour and searched the archives and google.

Thanks,
Ken

Ken Goods
Network Administrator