sendmail error

Allan Bruce allanmb at F2S.COM
Tue May 11 17:30:47 IST 2004

hmmm, the /usr/sbin/sendmail eventually points to /usr/sbin/sendmail.postfix
I take it this is what you mean.  How can I install sendmail properly?
Thanks
Allan
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Spicer, Kevin
  To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
  Sent: Tuesday, May 11, 2004 5:25 PM
  Subject: Re: sendmail error

  Forgive me if this appears a stupid question, but it has happened in the past.
  Are you sure your sendmail really is sendmail and not postfix?  Mandrake use the debian alternatives system so even if you have sendmail and postfix installed /usr/sbin/sendmail may still be a symlink to a symlink to a symlink to postfix!)