Disable Notifiying of Recipients

Mon May 10 16:32:43 IST 2004

Stephen

from my Mailscanner.conf...

# notified (as the sender address is always forged these days anyway),
# but anyone who sends a message that is blocked for other reasons will
# still be notified.
#
# This can also be the filename of a ruleset.
Silent Viruses = HTML-IFrame All-Viruses

# Still deliver (after cleaning) messages that contained viruses listed
# in the above option ("Silent Viruses") to the recipient?
# Setting this to "yes" is good when you are testing everything, and
# because it shows management that MailScanner is protecting them,
# but it is bad because they have to filter/delete all the incoming virus
# warnings.
#
# Note: Once you have deployed this into "production" use, you should set
# Note: this option to "no" so you don't bombard thousands of people with
# Note: useless messages they don't want!
#
# This can also be the filename of a ruleset.
Still Deliver Silent Viruses = no

assumming a recent mailscanner..

--
Martin Hepworth
Snr Systems Administrator

Stephen Conway wrote:
> Good day:
>
> We are using Mailscanner with Sendmail, + McAfee A / V and SpamAssasin .  Is
> there any way to disable the notification that gets sent to the recipient of
> a virus infected message?  I just want any virus messages to be quarantined
> and no notices sent to anybody.
>
> Any help is appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Steve