Inoculate scanner gets skipped after a while as if its marked busy

Scott Farrell sub at ICCONSULTING.COM.AU
Sat May 8 12:54:06 IST 2004

Sounds to me as if the virus updates are hanging, which would lock out the
virus scanner. If you don't want to use update_virus_scanners, but are
still using inoculate-autoupdate then make sure you are calling it
correctly (you have to add the inoculate installation directory on the
command line, you can get the correct directory from
/etc/MailScanner/virus.scanners.conf).

as far as I know I am not using any of your auto-update code, I have my
own. I stop mailscanner when updating for safety.

This is the usual cause of these problems. Either that, or is there a
chance that inoculate is waiting for keyboard input?

I dont think so, as it works - right up until silently it cant even detect
eicar, and I so no errors in the log.

Is the update scripts the ONLY thing that locks the scanner ?

Is there any log entries when it is skipped and not using it ?

Can you beleive that since the upgrade I am not getting entries from this
list ..... damn more tracing/debugging to do.

Scott

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk