Inoculate scanner gets skipped after a while as if its marked busy

Scott Farrell sub at ICCONSULTING.COM.AU
Sat May 8 12:47:59 IST 2004

Kevin,

Just to confirm, it works initially then stops?

Yes, that is correct

You don't say how busy your server is, nor what batch size you are
using.  Smaller batch sizes and more children may help, assuming the
problem really is caused by a timeout (smaller batches = less files to
scan = quicker scans)

not real busy, set 1 to 1 client, batches of 10-30 (I have tried a few
settings).

Do you see any log messages saying it timed out (there should be if it
is).
The lock file is a red herring, MailScanner doesn't work on the presence
of absense of the file, it works by getting a lock on it - so the file
should always be there.

grep -i mailscanner maillog|grep "May  8"|grep -i time

only returns 1 SpamAsssasin timeout.

regards
Scott Farrell
Phone: 02-9411 3622  Mobile: 0412 927 156

http://www.icconsulting.com.au
ic Consulting - helping you with innovation.
We offer e-business consulting and perform services. We deliver high
impact consulting, and fast turn around projects for our clients.
Ask us about Web Content Management,  Web Self Service, or working closer
with your customers or suppliers.

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk