installing razor cuases razor-agent.log to be created in postfix queue [SOLVED]

Robin M. robin at PRIMUS.CA
Sat May 8 13:22:55 IST 2004

On Sat, 8 May 2004, Stephen Swaney wrote:
> > I installed razor and restarted MailScanner with postfix.
> > After checking the logs I saw
> >
> > <snip>
> > ming and deferred with a depth of 1 or 2. See the Postfix documentation
> > for hash_queue_names and hash_queue_depth
> > May  7 22:52:09 mail MailScanner[18237]: Messages found but no hashed
> > queue directories. Please enable hashed queues for incoming and deferred
> > with a depth of 1 or 2. See the Postfix documentation for hash_queue_names
> > and hash_queue_depth
> > </snip>
> >
> > This is because there is a file called
> >
> > [root at mail spool]# find /var/spool/postfix -name "razor*"
> > /var/spool/postfix/deferred/razor-agent.log
> >
> > How do I specify to spamassassin where the razor config directory should
> > be ?
> >

> If you did a standard razor install and register as root, there will be a
> directory, .razor in root's home directory. Look in this directory for the
> file razor-agent.conf. Edit this file to change"
>
>         logfile  = razor-agent.log
>
> To wherever you want razor to log, typically,
>
>         logfile = /var/log/razor-agent.log
>
> You probably also want to change the debuglevel = from 3 to 1 or 0. 3 is
> very chatty.

Hi Steve the problem I had was that the razor conf file was not being read
in /root/.razor

Frank Louwers had an early post in the thread that explained the problem
which was that the config files needed to be in /etc/razor

Thanks.

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk