Storing/Quaranting certain outbound emails

Jason Williams jwilliams at COURTESYMORTGAGE.COM
Thu May 6 20:29:38 IST 2004

>Hmm. Since we are not running IMAP, but pop right now, that shake things up
>at all?
>Secondly, im using MailWatch and was trying to see if I could tie that in
>so I could view it through the web interface.
>
>Lastly, the other thing I need to figure out is, once we store the mail,
>take a look at it and decide it's ok to be sent, how do I "release" it
>without any extra headers or stuff being added to the mail so it appears
>that it came from the original user, and the mail was not tampered with...
>
>Have some work cut out for me it seems.

Wouldn't you know it, just after I sent it out, the President walks in. :)
This is what he wants. He wants to put on the filter and wants a copy of
the email sent out, he wants a copy sent to his email address:

Looking at a some things, I setup the following:

Archive Mail = /usr/local/etc/MailScanner/rules/archive.rules

archive.rules (this is where I am slightly confused):

FromOrTo:       *@mydomain.com

Also, looks like I may need to setup another custom rule, to have the email
stored, and a copy mailed the the President. That even possible?

I appreciate the feedback.

Jason

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk