Memory Leak problem with Redhat 9/MS ?

Matthew K Bowman mkbowman at neo.rr.com
Thu May 6 20:10:18 IST 2004

Hello,

First of here is our setup:

3 MailScanner Servers with no local mailboxes. All scan for spam and virii
and pass on mail via /etc/mail/mailertable. All use sendmail, f-prot and
clamav, spamassassin 2.63, pyzor, razor and dcc.
Each of the 3 servers are behind a F5 so that they are load balanced.

For the last month or so, both of our RH9 boxes running MailScanner have
been experiencing memory leaks and high cpu loads.. The temporary fix is to
reboot the server.  Both boxes have the latest patches and kernels.

The MS on a RH 7.3 server is running fine. This could not be a MailScanner
problem but I'm hoping that someone on this group can assist on/off list on
how to get this fixed.

Below is each server specification (all are running MS 4.28-5)

1)  Dell Precision 420
CPU: Dual 1Ghz P3 Processors
Ram: 1 GB Ram
Hard Drive: 36GB SCSI Hard Drive