Caching name server on same box with MS...?

Stephen Swaney steve.swaney at FSL.COM
Thu May 6 00:57:55 IST 2004

You don't say what your OS is but:

1. it's definitely a good idea.
2. it's a simple rpm install if you're on an rpm based distro. NO
configuration required :) Look for an nscd...rpm

Steve

Stephen Swaney
President
Fortress Systems Ltd.
Steve.Swaney at FSL.com

> Been thinking of putting on a caching name server on my gateway box in
> hopes of speeding up DNS checks. I've noticed that some of the delays been
> between 2-10 seconds day. Not horrible, but could be better...
>
> Seems like a pretty good idea.
>
> Was curiuos if anyone else has used this method and if the noticed
> difference in delay, after the change went through...
>
> I would use bind 9 for my setup, since I am most familar with it.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Best,
>
> Jas

> believed to be clean.