Caching name server on same box with MS...?

Jason Williams jwilliams at COURTESYMORTGAGE.COM
Thu May 6 00:39:07 IST 2004

Any takers?

Been thinking of putting on a caching name server on my gateway box in
hopes of speeding up DNS checks. I've noticed that some of the delays been
between 2-10 seconds day. Not horrible, but could be better...

Seems like a pretty good idea.

Was curiuos if anyone else has used this method and if the noticed
difference in delay, after the change went through...

I would use bind 9 for my setup, since I am most familar with it.

Thanks,

Best,

Jas

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk