Finally: I'm live... :)

Jason Williams jwilliams at COURTESYMORTGAGE.COM
Tue May 4 20:40:34 IST 2004

>So your not pushing your box much then :-)  Those look pretty good. As
>far as things to look for I always keep an eye on delivery delays, as
>Peter (I think?) said earlier, it's a good indicator and over view of
>system & network performance. If an area starts to under perform you
>will see the delays increase (For example if Razor starts to time out
>while doing network checks, not a problem that you have much direct
>control over but it might start to cause queue increases).

I know I know. I tend to be cautions. Better safe than sorry has always
been my motto. :)

As far as delays, the highest I have seen so far is: (on the mail gateway
with MS)

delay=00:00:05, xdelay=00:00:00,

Granted, I have considered putting on a caching name server on the box to
speed up results.

What I find interesting though is when email from my internal server goes
out, there is a slight delay. Not horrible, but could be better.
Any recommendations?

>If I want to keep an eye on things and the server is not too busy, I
>will tail the mail log for a while just monitoring message delivery speeds.
>
>Drew

Right now, im watching the logs, just seeing how things are
going...everything appears to be running smoothly. Doing some tweaks here
and tweaks there, but so far so good.

I am super amped right now though, so im trying to just chill out a bit..:)

Tuning and tweaking as I go...reading over the MAQ's, FAQ's and anything
else I can get my hands on.

I appreciate everyones help...again. :)

Best,

Jason